Thursday, May 9, 2013

Show and Tell.....Getting Distracted


During the school break in Taupo, I took my sewing machine along with me. I had good intentions of sewing up a bunch of clothing....
Yeah, well, best intentions are all good, but when my Sister in law introduced me to Bananagrams....and I'm a word game fiend!, that side overtook me and a majority of my week was spent, roping people in to play with me! 
So that pile of clothing I wanted to make, ending up being one pair of shorts.....which I was really stoked with.


The black corduroy teamed up really well with the skull cotton twill and my mock fly worked as planned. 


I even adjusted the pattern to include buttonhole elastic so that the waist could be adjusted on my skinny Mr B.
But that's where the problem started....I used the same pattern from a couple years ago, and I adjusted a tailored pattern that was meant to have a front zip, to a flat front, with an elasticated waist......I realised my oopsie once the last hem had been sewn, and figured if he could get it past his bum, it would be alright to wear for a few months.....and I was right! Yay!!



for a day at least....
Until the unfortunate happened
Yip, a tear in the buttocks!! 


Lesson learnt! Don't get distracted by Bananagrams!!

Joining in with Leonie at Show and Tell






7 comments:

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Hahaha good job doing some sewing! I can completely relate to games getting in the way :)

R's Rue said...Best Blogger Tips

They look great!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Fay said...Best Blogger Tips

Love the skulls.

kate said...Best Blogger Tips

awesome pair of shorts all the same!

kate said...Best Blogger Tips

awesome pair of shorts all the same!

Juliet @ Tartankiwi said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh no! They looked great until that last photo.

Schulz Family said...Best Blogger Tips

They looked so amazing. What a shame about the rip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...