Friday, May 17, 2013

Show and Tell - Some Sneaking gift Giving


As I said a few posts ago, I've been busy creating some sneaky gifts.
There's been alot of Crochet Bunting love going on at Debs house,
And I loved being part of that



Not only did I get to give, which always feels great, I also challenged myself with this little heart decoration.
I had to make it a few times before I finally got the hang of it, but it turned out pretty cute once I did. 



The pattern was from the Simply Crochet Magazine that Leonie gifted me when I was in Christchurch ( so generous : )  And when I saw via instagram that Deb wanted to learn more than just a chain stitch, I popped in the magazine too :)  Also I just read that Make Cafe are starting to stock that Magazine...so I need to get my hands on another one!


Here's the other little gift that I can show you now, 
it's a cute wee vest called a Milo.



I love Tikki Knits patterns, but this is my first Milo.  It's such a cute and quick little vest to knit up.  

I took alot of knitting projects with me to Christchurch, but I found the patterns I'd chosen were not conducive to knitting while chatting, and I kept making a heap of mistakes....so Deb passed me this pattern, and a big ball of wool.....and the first thing that sprang to my mind, was lovely Max and her gorgeous little boy Findlay...


I was even lucky enough to give him some cuddles while I was there....so precious, and the first time I've held a little baby boy for a long time...it brought back a lot of lovely memories.

And because owls have a special meaning in our family I decided to leave my mark on this little vest too....

The little owl is one of the cable options on the pattern

Also, so I didn't leave out Findlays big sister, I included this little headband I made last week....


Max tells me its not been taken off since she received it, and she also found another use for it as a pirate flower power patch! Cute :)

Joining in with Leonie at Sunshine x 3



10 comments:

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh so lovely! Love all of it and the little owl in there.. so cute! go you and your crochet! gorgeous gifts Laura xx

Fay said...Best Blogger Tips

Such lovely gifts!

Miriam said...Best Blogger Tips

you are so lovely. I bet she was stoked. That owl is SO clever!

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips

Gosh that little vest it so precious, what a lovely gift

Pearlin J said...Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful projects all of them!

Max said...Best Blogger Tips

i can't believe i hadn't noticed the owl!!!! i love it even more now, if that is possible! thank you so much for your lovely crochet hugs for my kids xxx

Bron said...Best Blogger Tips

The owl is pure genius....love the colour too. xx

Cat said...Best Blogger Tips

I absolutely love the milo vest pattern
And the owl so adorable
And I'm swooning some crochet bunting for myself now LOL
I bet Debs house is full of bunting love
Such a kind generous heart there darling girl xxxx

ps: I have FOUR roosters

Leanne M said...Best Blogger Tips

I love that vest - do you think something like that could be crocheted (waggles eyebrows)?. I think the colour is yummy too.

Leanne M said...Best Blogger Tips

I love this vest - do you think something like this could be crocheted (waggles eyebrows)? I think the colour is so yummy, great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...