Thursday, May 23, 2013

Conquering Crochet Friday - The Addiction of Crochet Bunnies



Hello Friday, it's that time again
 to show you what crochet creation I've made this week


Last week I was quite taken with the little bunny that Leonie made so last weekend the knitting was dropped, and I picked up my hook to make these cute critters. 


I started with the bunny first as that is true to the Easter Bunnies pattern from the Green Dragon Fly Blog, and quite quickly I could see how addictive these are to make...


And how fun it is to have one of your own......soon there were requests for a Hamster, Polar Bear, Platypus, Dog, Pig and Lion
(I've whittled that list down to three )
As you can see I started with the Lion first


Though he does look more like a hamster with a weird hairdo than a Lion! I used this tutorial to create the hair and this time I stitched on felt for the eyes with a little white stitch 
for his eyes to come alive.

Also a great technique that was used throughout the pattern was the magic loop, that replaces the chain 4 or 6 circle to crochet into.
It creates a nice tight circle without a hole in the centre, which is perfect when you're making toys like these.
Louanna from NZ Green Buttons has a great tutorial to show you how you do this.....its worth checking out as it makes such a difference to your end result.

And as my confidence grows, and I learn how to increase and decrease I'm dreaming about bigger projects....my Ravelry favourites list is getting bigger by the day, as I start evening the amount of knitting patterns with crocheted loveliness!

Here's just a few that have caught my eye this week.....

A bit of sewing and crochet combined with this sweet little purse



And with winter around the corner, I'm thinking of warm woolies 
like this cute tunic/dress.....it would be perfect layering over long sleeved tees and leggings for Lil Miss




And lastly there's this...



Isn't that adorable!!

6 comments:

Cat said...Best Blogger Tips

oh the cape omg the cape
and soon you will be spinning your own wool

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Eeeeee!! The little lion is gorgeous! ( as is the bunny of course!). Love your line up of projects, the cape is adorable! x

nz green buttons said...Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the mention :) I love,LOVE that lion! So super cute! I've made that cape! I have that book by Linda Permann, it's got lots of cool projects in it. Here's a link to my cape: http://nzgreenbuttons.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/cozy.html

I like the look of that little dress too :)

Fay said...Best Blogger Tips

Lovely wee lion and bunny.

Sammy said...Best Blogger Tips

Yes yes yes! I love it all, now I need to find the time...!

Schulz Family said...Best Blogger Tips

It is all so cool, The red riding hood jacket is amazing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...