Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Selfish Knitting - Snapdragon Tam


After sewing knitting and crocheting for everyone else, I thought it was about time I did some selfish creating for myself again....


And as this was not for a deadline, I just picked it up whenever their was a spare moment, or I felt like it.

I've quite enjoyed mixing it up lately between knitting and crocheting.....I have enjoyed the crocheting projects for quick crafting satisfaction, where as this has taken it's time....especially with all those cables.


Those cables have been painfully slow and at sometimes I have just had to walk away from it because of the frustration of juggling 3 needles.....but at the end, once it was blocked and finished....I'm estatic that I have something snuggly and gorgeous to wear.....
( infact thinking about it there's a lesson in there about life especially after reading Debs post here and I know it a random thought... but it's relevant for me)



This is the second time I've knitted this, the first time I knitted this hat was for a friends mum who was undergoing chemotherapy....I loved it so much it was hard to let it go.  
As always Ysolda's patterns are a delight to knit, well written and the end product never fails my expectations....can't recommend her enough!


Gorgeous bouncy Merino.....beautiful colour.....though I noticed when I washed the hat that the colour bled alot.....so I would be worried using it in a striped project such as red and white stripe....but otherwise I know from experience this wool lasts and wears beautifully.

Linking in with Leonie at Show and Tell




10 comments:

Cat said...Best Blogger Tips

so so so talented hon
this is adorable
i love it

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...Best Blogger Tips

so gorgeous!

Susan C. said...Best Blogger Tips

That's a little work of art! Sometimes we need a quick project for instant gratification and then we have the slow burning one. Variety it's all about variety. :-)

Miriam said...Best Blogger Tips

It's beautiful Laura x

Max said...Best Blogger Tips

as always i am in awe of your skills-it's incredible! and the colour is gorgeous. and your looking lovely in it x

Leanne M said...Best Blogger Tips

I love everything about this hat, Laura. You look great in it too.

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

absolutely gorgeous Laura - well done you for finishing and getting to enjoy a beautiful hat x

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips

It's gorgeous, and I envy you your ability to knit with three needles...
Welldone

BigLittle said...Best Blogger Tips

It is seeing beautiful things like yours that make me wish I could knit! Sometimes the slow projects that take time are rather satisfying amid the fast and furious! Just lovely Laura. xx

nz green buttons said...Best Blogger Tips

It's totally STUNNING! I can't knit so I'm always super jealous when I see beautiful knitted things like this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...