Thursday, April 26, 2012

KCWC Day 4 - Something Girly


Excuse me while I gloat....
 But I love this little tunic!

Sewn out of a lovely Lambswool rib knit, that I've been hoarding for the last two years.... waiting for the perfect project.



Inspired by these pins ( on Pinterest ) here and here... I attempted to make the overlapping collar


And amazingly it turned better than I thought it would!



As for the pattern?  Well I started with Pattern 11 from Ottobre 1/2010,.... I needed it for the raglan sleeves,
but that's where the similarities end.



I chopped it up and repasted it together so much that it's now unrecognisable.

I just love it when a plan comes together like this....
I think patience was the key this time......
Oh and of course, my trusty friend the unpicker ;)



Linking up to




10 comments:

tartankiwi said...Best Blogger Tips

Gloating totally justified! This is gorgeous, well done!!!
Had to smile though as I almost started my post today by saying "Please forgive me if I seem smug!" Our spooky blogging parallels comtinue!!!

Sachiko said...Best Blogger Tips

This is such a lovely dress! Thank you for linking to my party. :)

jimbillsmum said...Best Blogger Tips

OMG that is georgous! You certainly have earnt the right to gloat :-)

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips

It looks fantastic! And snuggly too :)

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips

Wow!! The tunic is gorgeous, when I was going through posts on my google reader my first thought when I saw these photos was 'expensive'!

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips

That is so adorable!! Clever you!

Johnny said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh I love it! SUCH a pretty colour and the flower just finishes it off beautifully! You are making me wish I could sew! (I really truly can't) xx

Miriam said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh LOVELY!! I would love to have something like this in my wardrobe - gorgeous work!

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips

This is adorable! I need a good tunic pattern for my girl

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips

Love it, so sweet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...