Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Creative Space - Little Dot Skirt

So the plan was to share my finished crochet yoke dress.. but my mind has been elsewhere, dreaming up a skirt that I just couldn't resist to start.... and as usual I had ligitimate reasons 

The overlocker had black on it, I needed white...
so really it made sense to whip this one out first, right? 
Sounded good enough reasoning to me.

So here is the dotty twirly skirt....
I would have liked some modelled shots, but my model won't have a bar of it today.... when it was time to change her nappy she ran screaming away from me to hide behind the curtain

It's basically the same as this skirt I made here, except the skirt has two layers to attach the stretch lace to, and the waist is sewn in two places so I could insert the faux bow


I tried my hand at doing a rolled hem, but no luck....
I think I need more practice......
I've just cut it off for now and I will leave it as is, until I'm more confident with rolled hems.... one day.

And I just love the navy polkadots,
 especially teamed up with something red

Looking for more Creative Spaces? see here
also linking up with Make it Wear It



8 comments:

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...Best Blogger Tips

Very cute! I'm with you on the machine thread issue...of course you had to make this skirt first. That faux bow is too adorable!

Naturally Carol said...Best Blogger Tips

She'll have so much fun twirling in this skirt..it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips

Ooohhh I love it does it come in my size hehe. It's too cute. xx

Miriam said...Best Blogger Tips

I would wear this myself it's gorgeous! Well done

Fay said...Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous!

tartankiwi said...Best Blogger Tips

Such a sweet skirt. Lil Miss will have such fun twirling in it!
(totally agree with your thread changing philosophy!)

Sally said...Best Blogger Tips

Such a sweet sweet skirt.

It sure is worth practicing the rolled hem... because once your confident you'll never look back.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...Best Blogger Tips

This skirt is gorgeous!
I am also scared of rolled hems. Even after learning how to do them in an over-locker class last year - still scared! One day, right.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...