Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Handmade Christmas for Our Children - Dolls Accessories

Well what can I say, apart from the fact that I have a lot of projects waiting to share.
 
So many I've even considered crammin them all into one post just to catch up! 
But I just don't feel that would do each of them justice, considering the time some of them took to create.....so it's dribs and drabs when I can find the time, and time for sitting infront of the computer is currently occupied finding worksheets for homeschool, which by the way after three days so far has been pretty good.....
well in reality, really good for two of my boys. As for my third it has been a bit of touch and go.
Yesterday was a write off due to major anxieties and phobias, but all we could do is take note of what we could have done differently and continue to take it day by and day.   
( the last three months has been exhausting for us all )
However already we can see we this homeschooling lark looks to be the right path for us.

Moving on, since time on my wee blog is precious these days.

Before making the Doxie dogs for my Lil miss, there were three other items I made which were on the original list.

Starting with a set of finger puppets.
My little girls fingers for the longest time have been her imaginary friends....they walk, talk, give each other hugs and kisses and even have fights too!....so finger puppets seemed like the obvious choice.


I planned to make a cow and a sheep aswell, but never got there in the end, due to Doxie dog distractions.  
 

The idea behind this was also to teach and remind her categories, such as farm animals, woodland animals, sea creatures etc and it could coincide nicely with her SLT sessions.

Then there were a set of blankets
 

because she was using tea towels, clothing (undies even) and pieces of fabric to wrap up every toy she could find.
 

The blankets have been put to good use everyday since!

And lastly, but actually the first to complete, was another Tikki Knit The Poppy Dolls cardigan.  
 


I was looking through my Instagram feed and saw a bunch of these that Deb had knitted up and was inspired.  It was cast on that evening.
A really quick and fun knit.

Another item on my list but that I didn't get to in the end was a baby doll sling.
I may feel the urge to make one for her before now and her birthday, 
or maybe, I'll get distracted with something else.
 
This post has been brought to you by copious amounts of interruptions of magic tricks, to keep the peace ;)




 
 

12 comments:

Miriam said...Best Blogger Tips

Glad to hear you feel hs has been the right choice even though I'm sure the road will be a little bumpy as you all start out together. Gorgeous makes as always and I love that they were motivated by her play rather than from you xxx

Holly May B said...Best Blogger Tips

So sweet! I love that all the little blankets have been put to use, your little girl looks so creative and caring!

Fay said...Best Blogger Tips

Lovely gifts x

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

So happy to see you back online Laura, I have been wondering where you are lovely!

Sophie Slim said...Best Blogger Tips

AMAZING! I admired all of your gifts sooo much on IG! I can't wait to see more of them on here :) xx

Susan C. said...Best Blogger Tips

Those little blankies! Sorry to hear that emotions can be bumpy I personally know how tough that is but it did teach ME not to dwell but when the storm passed the sun could still shine and the whole day was not ruined.
Don't forget to nurture yourself and get some down time.
I love those little blankies.

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Aww little girls are so sweet aren't they?! What a great mum you are and such awesome makes for your girl :). Glad to hear things are going well and homeschooling seems to be the way to go for you! Very encouraging! Have a great weekend xx

Juliet @ Tartankiwi said...Best Blogger Tips

Great to hear that you made the right decision with the homeschooling. Good luck with it!
Your presents are so so sweet! I love the gorgeous finger puppets and I'm sure that I recognise some of the fabrics in those pretty blankets. Great to see the scraps being put to good use.

BigLittle said...Best Blogger Tips

Gosh you are clever. those little blankets are the sweetest things too - isn't it wonderful to see "nurture" coming from your little ones. xx

jacksta said...Best Blogger Tips

so jealous of all that creativity skill you have going on!

Schulz Family said...Best Blogger Tips

I don't know how you manage to blog at all when you are homeschooling. You must be superwoman.

Sammy said...Best Blogger Tips

Love that you see into your childrens hearts and give them gifts that fit them like a glove. You are awesome Laura xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...