Thursday, February 6, 2014

Conquering Crochet Friday - Many projects on the go


So it's been awhile since I posted one of these Conquering Crochet Fridays, and it's not for the lack of any projects on the go.
As in my title there are possibly TOO many on the go!
Though I'll let you be the judge of whats too many.
 But first up, a finished crochet project from months ago which I never got around to sharing  
(man that line is becoming a bit of a broken record!)

My first attempt at a garment in crochet....

I ripped and restarted this several times, and the end result has been incredibly small! So small I'm sure there's no way any of my babies would have fit into this....hence it's now a dolly cardy!
 

or this case a monkey cardigan!

And then fast forward to few weeks ago... what started with the talk of a NZ crochet mood blanket along on Instagram, ended up with me picking up my hook again and deciding to start on some hexagons as my weekly mood block
I've wanted to do a hexie blanket like this for such a long time.
This crochet along seemed to be the perfect opportunity to start.
I think we're in week 5? so I'm a bit ahead.....but hey what can I say..
it's addictive!

Then because I was initially diligent and sticking to my one Hexie a week ( only lasted 3 weeks ) I needed some more crochet to do in the between days, and thats where this was created...
 

This is destined to be a cushion, as I feel like I need something to brighten up my drab brown and beige lounge scheme.
It so desperately needs to change, so I'm thinking beachy/bachy vintage?! 
This is to be my starting point, a rainbowy, bright and happy cushion!

And then....yes one more! The piece de resistance!


I ordered this yarn from RRHY's in September, (so worth the wait!) dreaming of crocheting it into a Hooded Capelet which I had mentioned before, and which the lovely Louana, ( seriously she is lovely and generous!) sent me the pattern! 
So Louana here you are, I have started it!
I have been a bit confused in a few places, but putting down my hook for a couple of days did the trick and now I'm well on my way!

I can't wait to finish this and take photo's of my little girl wearing this!
The red really does lend itself to Red Riding Hood! 
Maybe a dress to match? Cheesy?? nah....cute!! :)

5 comments:

Schulz Family said...Best Blogger Tips

Wow I am amazed by your crochet. I can do granny squares and straight lines. The quilter in me loves the hexagon look.

nz green buttons said...Best Blogger Tips

Yay so much crochet goodness on the go! I can't wait to see the capelet all finished, I can already see that it's going to be amazing! Oh and the compliments *blush*

Sammy said...Best Blogger Tips

That capelet is so lovely! And thank you for having unfinished crochet projects- makes me feel so much better!

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

The colour of that capelet... drool... it is going to be stunning! Love the little cardy and the hexies and and...everything!

Kate and Mim said...Best Blogger Tips

love it all!!! I have taken a bit of a break on my crochet but am part was through a big granny square (rounds in the middle) blanket. YOu have inspired me to pick up my hook again :)
mim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...