Thursday, February 13, 2014

Keep Breathing - Book Cover


After new years an idea kept circling around my head.
My good friend next door has just taken the leap with me to homeschool her children, plus another huge step in becoming our local area yoga teacher! Lucky me ;)

With this in mind I thought a diary would make the perfect present to wish her luck in her new ventures, that and she's been a great friend these past two years and deserved it.

The Diary really needed a personal touch so I made this cover so that she could reuse it in the years to come


The message Keep Breathing has double meaning to us.


One as it is key to remember your breath in Yoga and the other as in 'Keep Breathing you'll be alright'.

To make the lotus flower I used lots of scraps from my stash and from the 2013 scrap bag swap....which by the way, did you know there is a  blog hop going on at the moment with this years Scrap Bag Swap?
You can find more about it on Nin's blog who organises this each year.

Next is to make one for me.....I think I might use Keep Breathing too! and maybe Keep Calm, Keep Sane! Which by the way thankyou to everyone that left such lovely messages for me, its good to read these in my low moments....it helps to know you care and reached out xx
I might even take some pics of the process and let you know how you can make one of these yourself!

Joining in with one such lovely lady Leonie at Sunshine x 3


8 comments:

Schulz Family said...Best Blogger Tips

That is awesome. What a fantastic gift. How great is it to have another homeschooling person so close. Wow. I hope you are doing some shared activities with the kids.

Bron said...Best Blogger Tips

It is gorgeous...so yes please do share a how to. Xx

Sally said...Best Blogger Tips

That Lotus flower is beautiful. A lovely dovely book cover for sure. Inspires peacefulness. Love it.

Cat said...Best Blogger Tips

Ahhhhh yes keep breathing a message I constantly have to remind myself in yoga
Laura this is simply gorgeous xxxxxx

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

What a gorgeous and thoughtful gift Laura :) And such a great message with meaning. No doubt she is going to love it! Love it! xx

BigLittle said...Best Blogger Tips

You are so clever. This is absolutely beautiful. X

Susan C. said...Best Blogger Tips

Perfect message. My teacher always reminds me that a couple of deep slow breaths is a great way to de stress. What a great gift. :-)

Nell Escalante said...Best Blogger Tips

What a great idea! I always tell my older son to keep breathing or take deep breaths. He is on the autism spectrum (well both my kids are,) and suffers from anxiety so this really helps. I would love to learn to make one of these. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by Nelesc Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...