Friday, August 17, 2012

Dare I say it!


Yesterday I felt like superwoman

After sending  the boys off to school, I started my day

I fed the calves - now 2 weeks old... 4 of them



Fed the chickens



Started lugging barrows full of stone to make 
a pathway to my front door



Midday I fed some electrolytes to one of the calves as a precautionary measure.......
using my mothers intuition.


Continued with the said 'path'... determined to get it finished.... which I did! Yay!!

It doesn't look like much.... but there is 13 metres of it.

In the end I was counting the barrel loads down 10, 9, 8 etc
Two weeks of rain and clay was my driving force.

Afterschool, my neighbour held down this calf, 
whilst I played nurse, cleaning pus and such from its ear tag


It may look cute but its been a problem from day 1.

Then the afternoon milk feed

And to top it off I tended to a sick child all day.... 
with a little help from Nick Jr! 
It doesn't sound very caring...but she was rugged up all day and slept most of it... I assure you tending to her actually was a welcomed relief to the monatonous shovelling of stone


As for today.....

I nursed my sore back and shoulders and took it easy.... 
though I did scrub the front steps and of course there are still those daily calf duties.... 3 weeks and counting!


5 comments:

Naturally Carol said...Best Blogger Tips

You are right, those calves are darn cute, but I don't envy the hard work you do to raise them..or cleaning out pus from their ears. The path looks great, I hope you don't get too many stones inside though!

Creative Mama said...Best Blogger Tips

Love it!! You were super productive.

Notchka said...Best Blogger Tips

Sigh - I want your life - yes even the sore shoulders and the calf rearing - that view! That grass! Space! Ah one day....

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Wowsers - go you! Hope you've recovered from the aches!

Catching the Magic said...Best Blogger Tips

Incredible - no wonder you were sore afterwards! Gorgeous photos - I'm impressed you managed to take photos as well as doing all that work. Gorgeous view and so lovely to live with so much open space. Take care x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...