Monday, June 27, 2011

New Winter Dress

So I have been busy,
busy with the kids school production ( making a crocodile head ) busy taking lil miss to play group after play group
and my favourite, sanity sewing.......


The other day after sewing the buttons on,  I finally took some photos of lil misses new winter dress.

I am really happy with how this dress turned out....
though I did have a little hiccup, the back gaped quite a bit, so I had to unpick it and put a section of elastic in, but it solved the problem..

And when out and about yesterday, we had a couple of compliments... so it ticks all the boxes


My favourite part is the lace border....
I had given up on that lace, 
it never looked good on any project,
it always made other things look tacky

 but this time it was a match made in heaven.....
 well at least I think so...



Not that it bothered lil miss either way,
she just had great fun chasing chickens



and falling over in the dirt.... you should have heard her squeals of excitement..... priceless!  I love being a mum :)

Linking this up with







8 comments:

tartankiwi said...Best Blogger Tips

That looks SOOO cool! Wish I had the confidence to try clothes making... Maybe one day...

Jill said...Best Blogger Tips

What a gorgeous little dress! And such cute photos to show it off too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

::little projects in style:: said...Best Blogger Tips

how adorable! i love home-made clothes! they always have that little bit more character! :)

Sachiko said...Best Blogger Tips

So cute! I love the buttons on the skirt. Thank you for linking to my blog!

jimbillsmum said...Best Blogger Tips

Yep, that dress is cute. And the wearer! I love the details like the lace and the covered buttons that match the lining. :-)

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

@tartankiwi
thankyou, maybe you could start with a little girls skirt? I have seen your sewing and I definately think you could start making some clothing :)

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

Thankyou for all your comments, definately my favourite dress at the moment :)

Catching the Magic said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh that dress is so, so gorgeous! I love the polka dot lining, the lace trim and the embroidered details. I wouldn't know where to start with sewing anything! I'm in awe and your daughter certainly looks very, very happy in it! Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...