Friday, April 14, 2017

Bellbird Take Two

Keen to make another of the Bellbird dresses and keen also to use more of my opshop fabric stash 
( this is one my mum purchased for me on one of our outings, all for a bargain price of $1 )

I cut out what I would like to call a Autumn/Spring version, as this fabric is very light, and I would say likely a Cotton Lawn.

 Due to this, the bodice and the skirt are both fully lined.
But I decided to keep the sleeves unlined, as I liked the idea of the effect from the light shining through

 and if you look closely you may be able to see below it worked just how I planned.....
love it when that happens!

 I decided to make a alteration this time around, because I quite like playing around with patterns, and this is a great one to do that with.

I chose to gather the sleeves traditionally and bias bind the cuffs in a contrasting fabric ( actually the offcuts from the previous dress ) 
 I did this using the same circumference measurement provided for the elastic plus a extra inch.

 Teamed with a contrasting rouleau bow,
 this finished the dress of nicely.

And Lil Miss who was reluctant at first to let me take photos, soon enjoyed it, especially once she decided to accessorize with some of my Nana's collection of earrings, which are now part of her precious collection.  And believe me they are Precious! Even I need permission! hahaha


Cat said...Best Blogger Tips

Love this dress and the earrings .. which I did notice :D sweet girl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...