Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Creative Space - Little Plaid School Dress

This little dress has been in my UFO pile since September.
I started it on my birthday, as part of a sewing day with my mum, though it has lingered since then waiting for sleeves and a skirt.

I started with a simple sleeveless dress pattern and 
added the details as I went, 
their is pin tucks, ruffles and self covered buttons, including a my favourite a hand stitched hems
I couldn't resist calling this her "Little Plaid School Dress"
as she is soooo ready for school although she's only 3!
On the weekend we received a lot of lovely comments about it.....though at the moment it is a bit roomy, and she kept showing off a bit of her shoulder....but at least it will fit her next year too!
And I'll leave you with this photo.....I have loads of these pics, as she cracked me up with her many attempts to get that water out..... including sucking it from the source! ewww!

Linking in with Our Creative Spaces here

9 comments:

tartankiwi said...Best Blogger Tips

You are seriously clever! Such a pretty dress. Love the photos.

Fay said...Best Blogger Tips

Very pretty dress!

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips

This is ADORABLE! It's the little details that make it so special (and the gorgeous model too!) My almost 2year old is so ready for kindy/school too!

I've just been enjoying catching up on some of your blog posts! You have been a busy bee :)

Jenny

Naturally Carol said...Best Blogger Tips

This is such a sweet little retro inspired dress and looks great on Miss Three!

flowerpress said...Best Blogger Tips

cute dress, cute model :-)

sascedar said...Best Blogger Tips

isn't it just so sweet! pintucks and ruffles should be madantory on little girls :)sarah

Barbara said...Best Blogger Tips

The dress is fabulous. Really sweet.

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Wow! so cute. I love the fabric!

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

so so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...